Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lesson Planner Part Two: Display

In my previous post, I described creating a Google Form to use as on online lesson planner.
Now I will describe what I am doing with the data.

A Confession

All I really want to do with my data is display it pretty much the same way it looked in my old paper lesson planner. Boring and unimaginative. I know. (I'll get a little more exciting with it in a bit.)

The experimental Google app Fusion Tables really fit the bill. (NB - I am having limited success  getting it to work on my Chromebook, just my desktop / laptop. Opening it from this page seems to work, however. )

.

Click "Choose File" and find the Google spreadsheet that you made from your Google form. Allow it access to your Google Drive if it asks nicely.

Follow the prompts, clicking "Next" until you reach the end product.

Choosing "Cards" will give you all your classes in individual blocks.



Click the pull-down menu under Filter if you just want to see one of your classes.


You can copy the blocks if you wish. They will paste into Word (or Google Docs, of course) as a table, and you can format it as you wish.

The final post in the series will cover some other ways of organizing and displaying your data from a Google spread sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment