Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Doc Hub - One Minor Plus over Kami


Although I enthused recently over Kami, the Chrome app Doc Hub has some features to recommend it. The free version is fine for having students fill in pdfs.
You still need to direct it to save in Google Drive; it will not do so automatically. It also saves its own copy of the edited document, so if a student forgets to save it to Google Drive, it is not irretrievably lost.
The one feature it has that I really like is a silly one, but it makes my life easier.
You can insert all sorts of symbols on the document, like check marks and exes.

You can change the size of the symbol and its fill color.









True, you could use the Draw feature on Kami (and as I use a pen stylus instead of a mouse, I can actually drawing something that looks pretty decent - wouldn't want to try that with a mouse). But I like being able to insert those symbols directly on to the students' filled out pdf "papers."

No comments:

Post a Comment